WHY DO WE HOLD A eHEALTH STARTUP EUROPE AWARDS?
Many challenges need to be met to grant everybody’s legitimate wish for a long, happy and healthy life. Chronic and infectious diseases, pandemic threats and antimicrobial resistance are on the rise. Also, the side effects of an ageing population will need to be addressed – the number of people in the EU aged over 65 will have grown by 70% by 2050.
European research and innovation in health helps to tackle these challenges. It is an investment in our health and, on a larger scale, an investment in a healthy workforce, a healthy economy and lower public health bills. In that sense, Europe motivates startups to develop new solutions using new technologies that could keep older people active and independent for longer and help European health and care systems to remain sustainable.
eHealth StartUp Europe Awards aims at recognising startups offering solutions to health and wellnes challenges through products and services that help to improve life quality and connecting health to new technologies.
The most important eligibility criteria are the following:
- Innovation: We will focus on the grade of innovation, disruption and originality of the startups.
- Business model: We will rate the added value to society resulting from the startups (economic viability, private-public collaboration, replicability, etc.).
- Sustainability: it has to be sustainable from an environmental, social and economic point of view.
- Impact: the project must be conceived with the aim of having a great impact and multiplying its results.
- Social Clauses: job generated, gender policy, social inclusion, collaboration with NGOs, trainees program.
- European Dimension: participation in European funded projects, partnership or agreements with other European partners.