WHY DO WE HOLD A FINTECH STARTUP EUROPE AWARDS?
The rise of fintech has forever changed the way companies do business. The traditional model of a new business turning directly to its local high street bank and/or a conventional investor is no longer the only game in town. Global investment in financial technology increased more than twelvefold from $930 million in 2008 to more than $12 billion in 2014. Europe experienced the highest growth rate, with an increase of 215% to $1.48 billion in 2014. Furthermore, the associated reworking of financial regulations, new innovations and customer behaviour, means this figure will continue its sharp growth in the coming years.
The rise of fintech has opened up a world of possibilities. Businesses can offer more services than ever and for a fraction of the price of what it would have cost before. Such is the impact of technology on how finance is run, cities like London actively and aggressively pursue technology talent to ensure it remains competitive.
Fintech StartUp Europe Awards Awards aims at recognising startups offering disruptive solutions as new applications, processes, products or business models in the financial services or insurance industry: payments, blockchain/distribution ledger, lending platforms, etc.
The most important eligibility criteria are the following:
- Innovation: We will focus on the grade of innovation, disruption and originality of the startups.
- Business model: We will rate the added value to society resulting from the startups (economic viability, private-public collaboration, etc.).
- Customer Value Proposition
- Scalability and Market Reach
- Social Clauses: job generated, gender policy, social inclusion, collaboration with NGOs, trainees program.
- European Dimension: participation in European funded projects, partnership or agreements with other European partners.